Host Mitch Gatzke sounds off about issues stemming from the World Baseball Classic. Mexico feels they were screwed. Mitch blames their poor play. Pitchers are limited, but what else did you expect? The rule putting runners on first and second to start the 11th killed two great games. Injuries happen in spring training too, so don't use that as an excuse to decline an invite to the WBC. Finally, Javier Baez shows us something new and cool that will hopefully continue.
- Mexico screwed themselves
- Necessary evils of the WBC
- Injury report and a poor excuse
- The anti-bat flip is here... to stay?
- The World Baseball Classic tiebreaker rules are dumb, just ask Mexico and Venezuela [Matt Snyder/CBS Sports]
- Salvador Perez done in World Baseball Classic after knee injury [Associated Press]
- Ian Desmond To Undergo Surgery Following Left Hand Fracture [Matt Polishuk/MLB Trade Rumors]
- Rockies' David Dahl shut down for two weeks with stress reaction in ribcage [Matt Snyder/CBS Sports]
- Jason Kipnis Will Not be Ready For Opening Day [Ashley Varela]
- I love this. The antithesis of a bat flip is arguably even more cocky. Never knew that. Thanks, JB9. [Ben Roeschley/Twitter]