Seth (@SethMerenbloom), Damon (@DamoKnowsSports) and Evan (@Skilliter) revisit the games from Week 1 of the 2016 season. Texas beat Notre Dame but the real story may have been Charlie Strong out-coaching Brian Kelly on how to handle a two-quarterback system. Not to be outdone by Texas, Houston took care of business against Oklahoma. Tom Herman is off to a savage start to his head coaching career and Bob Stoops may be starting to overstay his welcome in Norman. And how about that Alabama drubbing of USC? By all accounts, it appeared that this was a game that was all about Lane Kiffin. Not to be outdone by Notre Dame and Texas using two quarterbacks, Gus Malzahn was using three in Auburn's close loss to Clemson. But all hope is not lost on The Plains since that Tiger defense looks legit. Speaking of legit, that is not a word that LSU fans would use to describe Les Miles as his Tigers lost a stunner to Wisconsin.
- Notre Dame versus Texas
- Oklahoma versus Houston
- Alabama versus USC
- Clemson versus Auburn
- LSU versus Wisconsin
- Thrilling victory vs. Notre Dame marks 'Texas’ U-turn' [George Schroeder/USA Today]
- Some Thoughts On OU vs. Houston [Jordan Esco/Football Brianiacs]
- USC facing crushing realization after humiliating Alabama loss [Pat Forde/Yahoo!]
- Clemson vs. Auburn: Tigers Survive Scare [Shakin the Southland]
- One of the most embarrassing, disappointing LSU losses Les Miles may not have seen [Ron Higgins/Times-Picayune]
Send us your feedback!